Friday, January 29, 2010

Organizing my Pet Portrait Info the Old Fashioned Way

So, here I am, launched, with a waiting list of pet portraits (off season!!), and totally dependent on myself to keep organized.  Ha, ha!!! 

Although I never dump anything from my computer, I can't find anything either.  I recently went to send an email to former clients and had to read through spam and junk to find them. 

Who did I do fundraisers with?  Who did I send cards to?  What was that show I thought would be a good fit?

Now I know I can use a spreadsheet to track it all but you know what?  I got a black and white marble composition book and it is soooo much easier for me.  I have different sections, for different things, I have a record of everyone I communicate with....I don't know, it's just easier for me.

So that's my little hint for the month....if you keep MEANING to organize all your favorites and following blogs and facebook events and you just seem to be spinning your wheels...maybe the old paper and pen method would make sense for you, too.

Want to see my Animal Art? Just click on that link.  Thanks for the visit...and I'd love to hear YOUR organizing tips!

3 comments:

Sizun said...

Robin, even with good computer records, I'm feeling better if I have the paper duplicates, just in case my comuter crashes and I can't have it replaced quickly...
Moreover, it seems that if I write the old fashined way with pen and paper, I'm more creative. Although I write faster on a computer so... a mix of both seems the way to go.

Robin said...

That's a great point. Especially since I've been having serious computer probs lately!

DJ said...

I made files on my inbox page so I can keep up with stuff and have a place to sort e-mails for later. But, you're right: I definitely need a paper back-up for security during computer problems.